What is Quickbooks?
If you are a small business and you are looking for accounting software or you are simply looking to build a career in finance and accounting, Quickbooks is one thing that simply must learn. The software in one of the most in-demand accounting software in the UK and is used by thousands of businesses.
Intuit launched this flagship product over 20 years ago and since then, the financial management platform has pretty much dominated the accounting software marketplace.
What are the Benefits of Learning Quickbooks?
Why do you need a Quickbooks certification? There are many advantages that you can hope to enjoy if you are well-versed in this extremely efficient software.
You will be able to manage your receivables
- You will gain insight into predicting future cash flow
- You will know how to manage the payroll
- You will gain an understanding of current and future tax obligations
- Generate reports in instant that will let you know how the progress of the business has been projected.
- Analyse where the money is being spent and if it is necessary or damaging to the business.
- With Quickbooks you will be able to get a lot more work done in a shorter span of time, rather than having to balance books.
- It will be a lot more accurate work on your end. Therefore opt for at least a qb online training that you can complete in your leisure time if you want to find Quickbooks jobs that will pay you well and give you room for professional growth.
Is Quickbooks Hard to Learn?
This is a question that most people ask and one of the things that many aspiring students also feel a bit of trepidation about. While you may think that to learn bookkeeping is tough, it really is not. The Quickbooks software has been designed to help anybody learn accounting easily. While the operations the software carries out may be complex, your role is not difficult.
How Can I Learn Quickbooks?
There are many methods in which you can learn this accounting software. You can for example, start an online course that has been accredited. You can also in your spare time study Quick book accounting tutorials and you will also be able to go through videos that will help you understand the software thoroughly. You can even join a fulltime classroom course if you wish to and feel that that would be better for you. There are a lot of resources order soma bestseller online available today for anybody who wants to learn this accounting software.
Will I Get Paid More if I Know Quickbooks?
The chances are that you might get paid higher compared to a candidate that does not have the knowledge. In the UK, a large number of businesses use this software making it one of the most in-demand accounting software in the UK. Knowing how to work with it, will, needless to say, improve your chances of getting hired and also put you in a better negotiating position with your offers. However, the amount of your salary will depend upon your employer and will be at their discretion.
Quickbooks Tips that Will Make Your Life Easier
If you are planning on starting to learn Quickbooks, here are some tips that will make your life a lot easier once you start using the software at work.
- Choose a highly secure password – Quickbooks is all about financial information that is sensitive. Therefore choose a highly secure password and save yourself a lot of headaches later.
- Enter the right company information – the higher the accuracy of the details that you enter on the “company tab of the software, the better results you will be able to get. When the software has all the information needed, the reports that it generates will be highly accurate and relevant.
- Add the right customer information.
- If you will be using this for payroll, enter the names of the employees correctly as well.
- Always reconcile with Quickbooks when you either receive a payment or make one. The more reconciliation you do, the better the idea you will have about the status of the organisation.
- Always back up your data and for this you can also set up an automatic schedule, so that you will not forget to do it manually.
- Turn off the Spellcheck feature on your Quickbooks especially if you are only getting started because it can be a bit confusing on Quickbooks with the company names, especially. All you need to do is go to Edit > Preferences > Speller and turn off the “Always Check Spelling” option by unchecking the relevant box.
Now that you know how Quickbooks can help your career and you also know what you can do to make Quickbooks easier for you, why not start learning today? It will be one of the best educational investments that you have ever made.