This Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training will help you develop the skills needed to: understand the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, plan to meet the needs of learners in education and training, deliver education and training, and use resources for education and training. In addition to these core topics, learners of this Certificate in Education and Training will be given the opportunity to choose optional modules to tailor the course to their needs. The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (CET) is suitable for those already in a teaching role who want to build their skills, as well as for people not currently involved in teaching or teacher training but who are able to satisfy the practice requirements set out in the mandatory and optional course units (including submitting three teaching observations).
Our learning material is available to students 24/7 anywhere in the world, so it’s extremely convenient. These intensive online courses are open to everyone, as long as you have an interest in the topic! We provide world-class learning led by IAP, so you can be assured that the material is high quality, accurate and up-to-date.
- Qualification type: BTEC Professional qualification
- Qualification title: Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level: Level 4
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 140
- Credits: 36
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 360
- Qualification number (QN): 601/1238/4
- Availability: UK and international
What are the requirements?
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 3 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
Upon submission of the documents your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the program your application will not be accepted.
What skills will I gain?
The qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers and trainers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualification
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice, of the qualification.
Method of Assessment
This course is assessed by written assignment, learners must complete several written assignments and teaching sessions, which can be submitted on recorded video (the number of written/practical assignments you will need to complete depends upon which optional units you choose). All assignments must be submitted to the online portal within six months of the course start.
What Certification am I going to receive?
If you pass the exam successfully then you will be awarded a Pearson BTEC Level 4 Award in Education and Training and Training certificate.
What careers can I get with this qualification?
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training can progress onto the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
|Course Materials & Getting Started Instructions CET||00:00:00|
|CET Main Book||00:00:00|
|Awarding Body Registration|
|Awarding Body Registration – CET||00:00:00|
|Unit 01 - Understanding Roles, Responsibilities And Relationships In Education And Training|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 01 (3 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 02 - Planning To Meet The Needs Of Learners In Education And Training|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 02 (3 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 03 - Delivering Education And Training|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 03 (6 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 04 - Assessing Learners In Education And Training|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 04 (6 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 05 - Using Resources For Education And Training|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 05 (3 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 30 - Developing, Using And Organising Resources In A Specialist Area|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 30 (15 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 34 - Inclusive Practice|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 34 (15 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 40 - Teaching In A Specialist Area|
|Assignment Brief – Unit 40 (15 credits)||00:00:00|
|Submit Your Assignment|
|Level 4 – Certificate in Education and Training (CET)||00:00:00|