Would you like to make a difference? Maybe you’re hoping for a career change? Discover your potential today!
During this course, we aim to give you the practical knowledge and skills needed to work in health and social care. There are three pathways you can take: Generic Health and Social Care, Dementia or Learning Disability. The course covers various modules including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
Our learning material is available to students 24/7 anywhere in the world, so it’s extremely convenient. These intensive online courses are open to everyone, as long as you have an interest in the topic! We provide world-class learning led by IAP, so you can be assured that the material is high quality, accurate and up-to-date.
What are the requirements?
- You must be 17 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English, Maths and ICT
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
What skills will I gain?
Candidates will learn:
- How to work with and support people in a range of situations
- How to support people by meeting their healthcare social care needs
- How to assist individuals with their daily tasks
- How to promote a person-centred approach
- Fundamental skills and knowledge relating to the health and social care workforce
- Personal assistant skills
- How to assess the health and needs of different patients
- A broad understanding of health and social care
What is the target audience?
Anyone hoping to work in the following areas:
- General nurse or Care assistants
- Health & Social care workers
- Carers or Pharmacists
- Midwives or Healthcare assistants
- Other healthcare professionals
- Mental health nurse
- Educational Psychologist
- Charity workers or Care support workers
How will I be assessed?
You’ll be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include,
- Direct observation in the workplace.
(You’ll need to ensure that you’ve completed sufficient hours to enable you to develop and evidence your skills).
- A portfolio of evidence.
- Written assignments or a task (Assessment should follow the Skills for Care and Development RQF Assessment Principles).
- You’ll submit your assignments by online learning portal.
- You’ll be not given any exams
What Certification am I going to receive?
If you pass the assessment successfully then you will be awarded a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (501/2263/0) from NCFE.
What career can I get?
With this qualification, you could go on to further study, or fulfil one of the following roles:
- General Nurse
- Care Assistants
- Health & Social Care Workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Mental Health Nurse
- Charity Workers
- Care Support Workers