This amazing Soundbooth course will take you on a journey into expert instructor Bert Baldwin’s world of technical and artistic audio knowledge, demonstrated on the powerful platform of Soundbooth CS3. The beauty of Soundbooth is that you do not need to be an Audio Engineer to achieve professional, big-studio quality audio in your projects. During this excellent Soundbooth course you will learn about the focused tools that are designed for video editors, Flash designers, and motion graphics artists. In addition, this Soundbooth course will make audio editing a breeze as Bert shows you how to cut, copy, paste, fade, and stretch audio assets. Soundbooth offers a well-stocked rack of audio effects, as well as your own professional studio musician, right inside your computer.
Our learning material is available to students 24/7 anywhere in the world, so it’s extremely convenient. These intensive online courses are open to everyone, as long as you have an interest in the topic! We provide world-class learning led by IAP, so you can be assured that the material is high quality, accurate and up-to-date.
What skills will I gain?
- Get rid of hiss, hum, and other unwanted artifacts with Spectral Editing and Noise Reduction filters.
- Use EQ to shape your sounds and clean up problem areas, professionally and effectively.
- Get control of your voiceovers, adding clarity and punch with Dynamics Processing.
- Separate time and pitch in your audio, allowing you to change one without affecting the other.
- Create customized musical scores in minutes with AutoComposer.
Meet the Instructor:
Bert Baldwin has been a musician and audio engineer all his life. His 20-plus years of musicianship have honed his ear, and his many years of audio engineering experience have given him a knowledge base he is eager to share. Bert has worked extensively on several major-label music releases, has toured the world with respected musical acts, and has received several RIAA certified gold and platinum sales awards for his efforts. His passion for sonic and visual excellence has been recognized and well received by those with whom he has had the pleasure of working.
- Module 01: Getting Started
- Module 02: Audio Editing
- Module 03: Effects Processing
- Module 04: Auto Composer
What are the requirements?
- You must be 16 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English, Maths and ICT
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
How will I be assessed?
- You will have one assignment. Pass mark is 65%.
- You will only need to pay £19 for assessment.
- You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days.
What Certification am I going to receive?
Those who successfully pass this course will be awarded a Soundbooth CS3: Essentials certificate. Anyone eligible for certification will receive a free e-certificate, and printed certificate.
What careers can I get with this qualification?
This excellent Soundbooth CS3: Essentials course will qualify you to be an Audio Engineer. As an Audio Engineer you could work for an existing organisation, or could work on a freelance basis. The average salary of an Audio Engineer in the UK is £25,083, and this will go up with experience (payscale.com). With this course you could fulfil any of the following roles:
- Audio Engineer
- Sound Engineer
- Recording Engineer
- Music Producer
|1: GETTING STARTED|
|1. Making Your First Sound||00:00:00|
|2. A Very Basic Glossary||00:00:00|
|2: AUDIO EDITING|
|1. Cutting, Splicing & Pasting||00:00:00|
|2. Volumes & Fades||00:00:00|
|3. Introduction to the Spectral Analyzer||00:00:00|
|4. Noise Reduction Filters||00:00:00|
|5. Manual Spectral Edits||00:00:00|
|6. Changing Pitch & Stretching Time||00:00:00|
|3: EFFECTS PROCESSING|
|1. Overview of Effects in Soundbooth||00:00:00|
|4. Equalization, Part 1||00:00:00|
|5. Equalization, Part 2||00:00:00|
|6. Dynamics Processing, Part 1||00:00:00|
|7. Dynamics Processing, Part 2||00:00:00|
|4: AUTO COMPOSER|
|1. Choosing a Score Template||00:00:00|
|2. Basic Editing Mode||00:00:00|
|3. Keyframe Editing Mode||00:00:00|
|4. Final Comments & Credits||00:00:00|